Hsinchu Cheng Huang Temple was built by the officer of Tamshuen,Jen Zi-Ing in 1748. In 1875, Tamshuen and Hsinchu were separated from the same administration area into two areas:as Taipei City and Hsinchu.However, the government hall was still located in Hsinchu. And the Cheng Huang Temple was therefore upgraded as a higher rank " Cheng Huang Temple -- Marquis Shue Jing "
The" Hsinchu Cheng Huang God Temple, and the Beigang Ma-Tzu Goddess Temple" were two most famous temples in Taiwan.
Hsinchu Cheng Huang temple was also the only " Capital Cheng Huang Temple", the highest rank of all Cheng Huang temples. Kwan She Emperor of the Qing Dynasty even bestowed the temple a board sign stating." The protection of the Golden Gate", This became the most important relic of the temple.
To observe the temple in a closer view, viewing the delicate art of its woodcraft in detail is quite enjoyable. The stone lions in front of the temple and the decorations inside are highly valued. The dragon pillars were the work of Shin A-Chou, the famous Taipei engraver and the delicate fine art of the eight-side diagram ceiling over the entrance was the work of Wang Isweng , the master carpenter from Chuan Chou.China